Saturday, June 9, 2012

Genesis 49:1-4 and Mark 1:1-3 (NIV)

Genesis 49:1-4
Jacob Blesses His Sons (Ruben)

1  Then Jacob called for his sons and said: “Gather around so I can tell you what will happen to you in days to come.
2  “Assemble and listen, sons of Jacob;  listen to your father Israel.
3  “Reuben, you are my firstborn,  my might, the first sign of my strength,  excelling in honor, excelling in power.
4  Turbulent as the waters, you will no longer excel, for you went up onto your father’s bed, onto my couch and defiled it. 

Mark 1:1-3
John the Baptist Prepares the Way

1  The beginning of the good news about Jesus the Messiah, the Son of God, 
2  as it is written in Isaiah the prophet:  “I will send my messenger ahead of you, who will prepare your way”
3  “a voice of one calling in the wilderness,  ‘Prepare the way for the Lord, make straight paths for him.’”

No comments:

Post a Comment